Online casinos are becoming increasingly popular among Europeans and as a result the gaming market is growing and growing rapidly. Improved technological solutions, a wide range of options and the ability to gamble directly from smartphones have made various gaming games more accessible than ever before. However, a logical question arises here: Are online casinos legal in Austria?
As far as virtual casinos are concerned, the legal situation in many countries is often not very clear and not always very clear. This also applies to Austria. Learn here about the current legal situation of online casino sites in Austria, which games can be played with real money, and what to consider when choosing an online casino.
Gambling Regulation in Austria 2022
Gambling in the Republic of the Alps is regulated by the Gambling Act of 28 November 1989 (GSpG), which has been amended several times since then. Under the Gambling Act, the exclusive right to gamble belongs to the state. This means that private online gambling providers are not allowed to offer real money games on the internet without state permission. A similar situation to the gambling monopoly exists in Germany. However, the Austrian system is different and more stringent, as only one virtual gaming platform has been licensed by the state.
If only one online casino site is licensed by the Austrian government, then why is the virtual gambling situation controversial? This is due to the contradiction between the Austrian national legislation and the EU-wide legislation. As a European Union country, the Republic of Alps is bound by the rules of the European Community. Moreover, according to EU directives, online games for real money are not illegal. If a country does not provide foreign online casinos with the opportunity to obtain a local gambling license, there is no way to prevent these gambling sites. Players who visit these international casino sites will not be prosecuted.
As a result of this situation, operators that started out as Austrian companies have moved abroad. In addition, many new, reliable and reputable casinos serving Austrian players have been licensed by gambling-friendly European countries such as Malta. In licensed casinos, every player over the age of 18 has a fair chance to win. All results are random and are determined by a random number generator, which is regularly audited by independent organizations such as eCOGRA.
The game of small and big
According to Austrian law, all casino games are divided into two categories: big casino games and small casino games. The difference between them is not, of course, the size, but the amount of money you are betting. The big games give you the opportunity to bet big and thus win large sums of money, even millions of euros. Large games of chance can be played at land-based casinos such as Spielbank Wien.
Mini-games are games that you can play in land-based and online casinos with small bets. In most cases, this involves slot machines. Usually the principal amount is less than 50 cents. The maximum winnings are limited to a small amount of money. Players usually receive a maximum of 1000 Euros in winnings. After two hours of continuous play, the slot machine is automatically closed.
With these restrictions, it is not surprising that Austrian casino fans prefer to register on foreign and international online gambling portals. You do not have to make a large deposit to gamble for real money at the casino. If you don’t want to risk a lot of money, a licensed and reputable €5 deposit casino is the right choice for you. However, before registering, you must make sure that you are dealing with a provider that has a valid EU license from a reputable gaming organization. Such an online casino will not limit your winnings and will even offer you additional bonuses as a new customer.
Legal gambling authorities in the European Union
Licensed games are regulated in Austria by the Federal Ministry of Finance (BMF). But as it is already clear, many legal online casinos are licensed by other EU countries. There is no single regulatory body in the EU that can control all providers. However, any country where gambling is legal and where a gambling license is issued is bound by EU laws and is responsible for enforcing those laws.
Some of the most famous and reputable gaming authorities include the Malta Gaming Authority and the UK Gambling Commission. Online casino sites operating under one of these licenses have proven to be compliant in all aspects and guarantee fair play for their customers.
How to identify reputable online entertainment cities in Austria
Despite the monopoly, you can enjoy the most popular games at the best online casinos in Europe without having to worry about them. In order to be able to find the best online casinos, you need to consider certain aspects when making your choice.
- Gambling licenses and regulation. Of course, in order to play legally and worry-free at a virtual casino, you must choose a licensed provider. If the Internet casino does not have a gambling license at all, it is best to bypass it.
- Security and privacy. Austria’s best online casinos take very seriously the fact that their customers can gamble in a secure environment without having to worry about their personal data.
- Welcome bonuses and regular offers for regular customers. If you want to find one of the best virtual casinos, you need to pay close attention to the bonus program. It is important not to evaluate the size of the bonuses, but rather the wagering requirements associated with them.
- All kinds of games. There is no limit to the ingenuity of software developers. They are constantly developing new and creative games in order to offer their customers as much variety as possible. The best online casinos in Austria can offer their customers more than just slot machines. A wide range of card and table games from the most renowned software developers can be found in the game portfolio of every trusted casino portal.
- Fast and reliable payment methods. Today, many online casinos offer a variety of payment methods. However, it is also important to be aware of the daily/weekly deposit and withdrawal limits, especially the processing time for withdrawals.
- Quality of customer support. This may not seem like a very important area, but it is not. There will always be misunderstandings or problems. Therefore, it is important to ensure that all common contact methods (such as hotline, email and live chat) are available on the website.
What games of chance are now legally available for real money?
A good casino platform should have a game mix that covers the needs of all casino enthusiasts, including the following categories.
- Slot machines (classic 3-reel slots, video slots with many additional features, progressive slots with growing progressive jackpots).
- Table and card games such as roulette (European, French, American), baccarat, blackjack, poker.
- Live dealer games (also table and card games and lucky roulette games like Dream Catcher).
- Dice games such as dice toss and Sic Bo.
- Lotteries like Keno and Bingo.
- Video poker.
Despite the gambling monopoly in the Republic of Alps, Austrian gambling enthusiasts can register on international casino sites without penalty and benefit from many advantages when playing for real money. The most important thing is to choose a reliable and licensed provider.
Lucky Cola Casino
With over 100,000 registered players, it is truly the top online casino brand in the Philippines. 10,000 players pay successfully every month, fast and not lengthy. Winning is that simple!
Offers Baccarat, Live Dealer Games, Fishing Machine Games, Fishing, Sports Betting, Slot Machines, Coin Slots, Cockfighting, Online sabong, sabong, Online Boxing, Online Poker, Online Casino Games, Online Slot Games, Online Fishing Games , poker, bingo, hundreds of popular casino games are waiting for you to challenge